There is now a new tool to switch on/off nvidia graphics cards on hybrid systems in Linux. This tool is different in the way it works to acpi_call, and should allow many laptop models to have safe on/off switching of the discrete nvidia graphics card.
For more info, have a look at the README in the github page:
For more information, join the team subscribe to the mailing list at the bottom of the Launchpad page http://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux Please join this team if you are new by clicking on the "Join Team" link at the right of the Launchpad page. It's important to have as many users in the community as possible to request for appropriate support.
Monday, 9 January 2012
- Improved support for AMD hybrid graphics users
- Bumblebee version 3.0 "Tumbleweed" release
- New bumblebee version nearing release
- Support for mode nvidia/intel models in bbswitch
- bbswitch: new tool to switch on/off nvidia graphic...
- 1000 active members!
- Hybrid Graphics as a X11 extension
- Laptops wishing for better support in 2012
- ▼ January (8)
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (82)