Mobile gamers and server pros aren't exactly cut from the same cloth, but Eurocom is targeting them both with itsClevo rebadged, 11.6-inch, sub-four-pound Monster notebook. That idea is crazy enough to work, since a fully spec'd model will have an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3920XM processor, 16GB of DDR3-1600 of RAM, a 240GB SSD or 1GB Hybrid drive, and on-board NVIDIA GT 650M graphics running at 850MHz. The 1366 x 768 screen might be a touch undersized for gamers, but they could let that slide since the processor can be safely overclocked up to a decent 3.8GHz. As for business pros, the company claims the Monster could be used as a portable server, run multiple VMs of Windows and Linux, or high-end engineering apps like MatLab. As usual with Eurocom, you can configure the system in dozens of ways, including matte or glossy screen, Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge processors and multiple RAM or disk setups. Pricing and delivery dates weren't given, but if it's up your alley, check the PR and your wallet -- or hit up Ned in accounting.
For more information, join the team subscribe to the mailing list at the bottom of the Launchpad page http://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux Please join this team if you are new by clicking on the "Join Team" link at the right of the Launchpad page. It's important to have as many users in the community as possible to request for appropriate support.
Friday, 22 June 2012
- More Dell laptops with hybrid graphics
- Eurocom Monster 11.6 inch laptop @ www.engadget.co...
- ASUS S series with Nvidia optimus
- VIZIO laptops with NVIDIA Kepler-Class GeForce GPU...
- Updated Nvidia binary drivers for GeForce GT 650M/...
- Asus UX32VD with NVIDIA Optimus
- Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 goes on sale melding quad-core...
- Samsung Series with NVIDIA GeForce GTM G630 graphi...
- Alienware and NVIDIA GTX680M
- Maingear Pulse 11 gaming laptop with Nvidia Optimu...
- ▼ June (10)
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (82)